Dogs don’t understand Social DistancingAugust 27, 2020
Our opening hours over the Christmas periodDecember 16, 2020
The Halloween season is almost upon us, so now is the time to prepare your pets.
Here are our Top Tips and remember, the earlier you begin….the more prepared your pet will be!
- Provide lots of places for your pet to hide, and make these spaces comfortable with their blankets or beds.
- Keep your cat safe and indoors throughout the Halloween period.
- Make sure resources such as food, water and litter boxes are available for your pet at all times whilst hidden in some part of the home.
- Make sure your pet is microchipped and your registration is up to date – we can help you with this if you are unsure.
- Feliway or Adaptil can be sprayed on their bedding and blankets to make them more comforting for your pet.
- Build a Den for your pet – check out our Facebook page for tips on how to do this.
- Plug in a Feliway/Adaptil Diffuser in the area your pet usually feels the most secure, at least 24 hours before noises that can be anticipated such as fireworks, and keep it plugged-in continuously until a week after the event.
- During the event allow your pet to hide. Do NOT try and coax your pet out as this may upset them more.
- Distract your pet with yummy food, special treats or a new toy.
- Play music at a low level or turn your tv on to provide some background noise.
It’s not just cats and dogs that need to be looked after throughout the Halloween season. We shouldn’t forget about our small furries such as our rabbits, guinea pigs, birds and all other exotic species.
- Bring any outdoor pets indoors, whether it is into the house or a secure garage or shed. This area should be secure from any loud noise or fireworks.
- Hutches or cages can be covered with blankets, to act as soundproofing.
- Extra bedding can be provided to allow small pets to burrow into it for safety.
- Pets may require more water if they are stressed, so ensure bowls and bottles are full.
- There are some natural remedies available for small animals, so please contact us for more information.
Call us on 01 6237044 to make an appointment for your pet or book online right here
And don’t forget to Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for lots more tips, patient updates and competitions.