X-ray, Ultrasound and blood tests
We offer a range of diagnostic services here at Palmerstown veterinary hospital.
- Diagnostic Imaging - Full X-ray and ultrasound facilities. X-ray helps to assess bone and organ structure. Ultrasound is an excellent, non-invasive diagnostic tool for assessing the internal structure and tissue type of many of the body’s organs. It can be used to detect inflammation, abscesses, stones and tumours. It is also valuable in monitoring heart health and function.
- Blood Testing and Laboratory Facilities - In-house state of the art biochemistry analysers to assess internal organ function.
- Microscopy - Utilized to examine skin scrapings, blood smears, aspirates, urine and cell deposits.
- In-House Microbiology - Utilized to test for feline leukaemia virus and feline aids virus, pancreatic lipase, parvovirus and fungal culture to check for ringworm.
- Auroscope/Ophthalmoscope - Used to accurately assess your pet’s aural (ear) canal and to examine and assess the eye and its internal structures, including the retina.